New

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Misc.

Kaj was out driving the Tractor this spring and I had sent a picture to some of you but not all.  Now I can't seem to get it loaded here.  Anyway Kaj was driving Skinner was holding on for dear life to his seat.  Great Grandma Jackie said she could use a good hired man around her place.
 I told Kaj last night that Grandma Jackie wanted to hire him and he said “Woohoo! I am so doing that.”   Then very seriously he says “But Daddy is going to have to go with me because I wasn’t doing the pedals so I will need him to do the pedals for me.”  Kids are hilarious. 

Brandi is having problems remembering where she put anything.  I mean at least twice this weekend she asked where something was and she was the one that had put it away.  One time it was Eino.  She asked where he was and Skinner says "You just put him outside two minutes ago"  Oh yeeeeaaaah.  I tell you what  she knew more about where everything was at and what was going on when she was 4.  Still my favorite daughter but I just hope she gets it together.

Let me start by saying Kaj is totally ok.  I have been waiting for Kaj to have an accident on the 4 wheeler and just praying that it wouldn't be bad.  His father is of the mind that you need to let kids do things and they are going to get hurt standing still so you may as well let them do things.  A far cry from my Dad who is saftey 1st...2nd...3rd.  Kaj does at least wear a helmet.  Lately he has been getting very confident on the 4 wheeler.  Looking behind him when driving.  Waving, not using any hands,  looking to the side, whipping doughnuts.  Anyway this last weekend if was looking behind him and Skinner had one of the ramps down on a trailer.  Kaj was looking behind himself and drove one of his tires up on the trailer and off and in the process he fell of the back.  He says the 4 wheeler ran over him which is much more dramatic but I didn't see any evidence of that.  Anyway he go a bruise on his hip where he landed and then slightly skinned an elbow.  Skinner doesn't usually leave ramps down but in this case it turned out a lot better than him driving into the corner of the trailer and hopefully he will be a bit more careful. 

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Sounds to me like you're raising a real boy. Good luck. (And maybe just close your eyes to some of the activities!)